Volunteers are special and important to the success of an event!
Finally, the Nigeria Cultural Parade & Festival is coming back to town! The colors of Nigerian culture will fill the streets of Downtown Houston bringing many communities together, but we need YOUR leadership to guide everyone. Whether you want a new hobby or want to meet new people and create new experiences this is the perfect chance for you.
The 5th Edition of the Nigeria Cultural Parade & Festival led by Culturally Naija & WeLead, Inc. will take place on Saturday, October 2, 2021, starting near the Toyota Center to the festival grounds at 1400 Clay Street in Downtown Houston from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Your volunteer efforts will support a global exchange and cultural understanding in the City of Houston. The event is an excellent way to meet new people and create new experiences!
We have many positions that may interest you which include:
- Check in – Assist with checking in registered Parade attendees and direct them to the parade line up.
- Support Staff – Help festival vendors on where to be set up and assist with the Kids Zone
- City/State Official Support – Guide city/state officials to their position in the parade line up
- Media Liaison – Ensure all media are positioned in their designated areas along the parade route and distribute booklets
- Parade Lineup – Assure participants are lined up correctly
- First aid team – Nurses, Physicians that can manage first aid table
- Intersection Crew – Ensure no one interferes in the parade as they give their parade performance
- Parade Disbandment – Directing the participants and parade route ends back to check in
Sign up is easy! If you are interested, please click here to sign up. Each volunteer will receive a free t-shirt for supporting the Nigerian Cultural Parade and Festival!